Thursday, March 17, 2011

Zapped by Those Pesty Pollen Invaders

Airborne & Zicam

Knocked down a peg by allergies today. Actually kicked in last night after sneezing a lot during the afternoon. Sore throat, runny, stuffy nose. I immediately took Airborne and Zicam. They are terrific. Both are loaded with antioxidants and minerals to fight off colds and germs. Even though mine is due to pollen allergy, the boost of infection fighting vitamins and minerals provides my immune system with the support it needs to fight those invaders off. At least that's how I see it, because as long as I take those supplements as soon as the first symptoms appear, I always improve immediately. It lessons the severity of the symptoms and the duration of the attack.

I woke up with a very sore throat this morning and took the Airborne and Zicam again. Felt  fine the rest of the day except for a slight burn in my throat. No anti-histamines were taken.

None of this would be of importance except for the fact that whenever I have allergies it affects my MS.

The energy and enthusiasm that I've been experiencing the last few days was definitely reduced. However, not severely. I just didn't have that dance in my step (figuratively). My legs felt heavier than they had been feeling for the last 2 days and would begin to ache a little after standing or walking for a short time. Also, my hands experienced some numbness. Although the terrible tightness due to spasticity in my calves and hamstrings that had been gone since Tuesday did not return, so that's good.

I had been feeling so fabulous since Tuesday night that it was discouraging to lose some of the headway that had been made. Since the vitamins are keeping the allergy symptoms down to a minimum, I expect to be much improved by tomorrow.

Once the allergy symptoms are gone, will my legs feel wonderful again? If not, then maybe the improvement wasn't the resveratrol, krill oil or the antibiotic as I am still taking those and will continue. Maybe it was the AMWand. We'll soon find out.



Today
Laughter Yoga 30 min.
Meditation 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment